Pest Control for
WASPSWasps are insects, the largest eusocial wasps. There are different types of controls to get rid of wasps.
- Wasps can vary in size from 12-17mm.
- A female wasp are the only ones that sting and can do so repeatedly
- Check for nests- a sure fire sign you have a wasp problem
- An established nest in summer can contain thousands of wasps.
- The Social Wasp and the German Wasp are most likely found in the home
If you disturb a wasp nest, you may provoke the wasps and as a form of defence, they may attack and sting you.Easy ways to help prevent the formation of a wasp nest is to keep garbage bins sealed, clean, and taking garbage out regularly.
Wasps used saliva and chewed up wood pulp to form a nest. Their nests are usually found in sheltered spots with easy access to the outside often in bird boxes, cavities, under eaves, attached to the side of trees, sheds or garages.
Wasp numbers will increase over summer so you will start to notice their flight path as they return to their nests.