Pest Control for
RODENTSHouse Rats are small animals with strong bodies, short limbs and long tails. House Rats are the largest group of mammals.
- Rodent droppings around food packages, under the sink or in drawers or cupboards.
- What looks like piles of nesting material such as fabric, shredded papers or dried plants.
- See gnaw marks in any food packaging or stored materials in the garage.
- Visible chew holes through walls and floors that create entry points into the home.
- Notice urine odors or stale smells coming from hidden areas that you can’t explain.
House Rat populations grow very quickly, so it is better to treat the infestation before the population gets out of control. Surefire signs you have a rat problem are:
Squeaks and other noises- If you have rats, you’ll know about it! They will squeak, scampers and rustle as they move about their nest. They are nocturnal so you’ll notice the noises more at night.
Droppings- You may find these in kitchen cabinets, behind appliances, around bins or anywhere a rodent may find food. It’s really easy to spot an infestation as rodents are prolific poopers.
Nibble marks on food boxes, food, or containers- You may be sharing food with these little guys without you even knowing. Check the garage and pantry for nibble marks on food stuffs.
An awful aroma, or smell- Once you smell rodent, you never forget it. It’s not pleasant and is a combination of musk and urine. Stronger the small, the better indication you have found a nest.
Nests- Rodents will build nests from warm, soft materials like fabrics, straw and paper. You’ll find nests in cupboards, roof spaces, in wall cavities etc
MyPestie can treat your home for mice or rat problems using environmentally friendly pest control that is safe for your pets and your family. Call today